Bonding & White Fillings
Dental bonding is a technique that has been ussed for years.It can make the smile you've always wanted in just one visit.This treatment,if skillfully applied,is done by using the right amount and colour of dental composite. Depending on the type of bonding used,acrylic resins and a variety of filler are mixed into a paste with the composite. This bonding can be used for a variety of cosmetic dental procedures such as;
- Filling dental cavities-'white fillings'
- Replacing the old amalgam or metal fillings
- Repairing broken or chipped teeth
- Closing gaps between teeth
- Reshaping teeth
- Make-over smiles using composite veneers,although porcelain veneers are a better choice.
Composite white fillings
Dental composite bonding is widely chosen for use in fillings as the colour can be matched to the natural tooth and it is not noticeable that you have fillings.Cosmetic dentists choose to change the old metal or amalgam as their has been debate over their mercury content.Sometimes dentists even take the extra precaution of using a rubber dam material when removing old fillings.